Sunday, July 15, 2012

People: Returning to an Old Favorite!

In college, my favorite subject matter to paint was "the joys of childhood." I was pretty good at it until one professor insisted I took the photos away because joy can't be captured in a photo, it can only be felt (ooooh, the days of art school: when everyone, especially the teachers, thought they were great philosophers of life). Shouldn't have listened, confidence faltered... But now I'm back in the groove! Here's a recent painting I did for my amazing sister who just graduated nursing school, hence the caption on the paper.   



I had to have some dental work done this summer... by some, I mean a lot. That's what I get for not visiting the dentist since high school. ANYway, my endodontist was amazing and generous. So for him, I had his assistant nab a photo of his baby boy and voila!






A great friend asked me to paint an engagement photo of her brother and his fiance for a wedding present.






This one touched me to the core. This is Ann Michelle King who recently lost her eight year battle with cancer. She's one of those people you meet once and never forget, I can attest to that. She had amazing spirit and was an inspiration. Her best friend had me paint this photo of her, I just hope I did her justice. 
 






1 comment: